Video and still photography are both powerful tools for marketing, but they offer different advantages. In this article, we’ll explore the unique benefits of video and how it can help you reach your marketing goals more effectively.
- Increased engagement: Video is more engaging than still photography because it captures movement and sound. It’s also more likely to hold a viewer’s attention for longer periods of time. This increased engagement can lead to higher conversion rates and more effective brand awareness. For example, videos on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube tend to have higher view and engagement rates compared to photos. Additionally, videos are more likely to be shared, which can help to increase your reach and visibility.
- Greater emotional impact: Video can convey emotions more effectively than still photography. It allows you to show your products or services in action, which can help to build trust and credibility with your audience. For example, a video showcasing how a product is made or how it can be used can help to build a deeper connection with the audience and create a sense of authenticity. Additionally, videos can be used to tell stories that can evoke emotions and create a lasting impression on the viewer.
- Better storytelling: Video is a powerful storytelling tool. It allows you to tell a story in a way that still photography cannot. Whether you’re showcasing a product or service, or telling the story of your brand, video is the perfect medium to create a lasting impression. Video is a multi-sensory medium that can be used to create a more immersive experience for the viewer, which can help to make the story more memorable and impactful.
- Better SEO: Search engines give priority to video content, which means that videos are more likely to show up at the top of search results. This can help to drive more traffic to your website and improve your search engine ranking. Additionally, videos can be optimized with keywords and captions to make it easier for search engines to understand the content and make it more discoverable.
- Increased conversion rate: Video has a much higher conversion rate than still photography. People are more likely to buy a product or service after watching a video than after seeing a still photo. This is because video allows you to provide more information about a product or service in a shorter amount of time, which can help to build trust and credibility with the viewer. Additionally, videos can be used to create a sense of urgency or to showcase limited-time offers, which can help to increase conversions.
- Video Analytics: Video analytics allows you to track the engagement and performance of your videos, which can help you to make data-driven decisions about your content. For example, you can track how many people watch your videos, how long they watch them for, and where they drop off. This can help you to identify areas that need improvement and make adjustments to your videos to increase engagement and conversions.
In addition to the visceral and practical impacts of video listed above, video’s role in social media marketing has become paramount to a business’s online presence. Video is the most shared type of content on social media. By sharing videos on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, you can reach a wider audience and increase your visibility. Additionally, platforms like Instagram and TikTok have features like IGTV and Reels that are designed specifically for longer-form videos which can help to increase engagement and reach. According to Sprout Social, the following statistics outline the eye-opening impact of video in social media:
- Half of social media users prefer video over other types of content.
- People share video content with friends twice as much as other types of content.
- 58% of viewers will watch the entirety of a business’s video if it’s less than 60-seconds long.
- 93% of companies have acquired new customer(s) through social media video.
- 85% of social media users want more video content from brands.
- 54% of marketers say that video is the most valuable content type for business.
- Video is the most underutilized content format on Facebook & Instagram.
- 25% of marketers say that “Story” videos are the most valuable type of content.
In conclusion, video is a powerful tool for marketing that can help you increase engagement, build trust, and drive conversions. Whether you’re showcasing a product or service, telling a story, or trying to increase your visibility on social media, video is the perfect medium to help you achieve your marketing goals. With the rise of video-based platforms and features, the potential reach and engagement for video content is only going to increase.